- In our eyes the military cargo pant reached its pinnacle form with the iconic Vietnam War era US Military issue paratrooper pants. Loose with snaps, flaps, cargo pockets and all sorts of odd details designed for jumping out of airplanes into dense jungle terrain. We've referenced aspects of these pants in big ways twice before, as a waistband reference in designing the 60/30 Chinos and as the source for the military surplus Nyco fabric used for the beloved Nyco Slims (RIP). What we've never done is work with the pant body itself until now.
When we started playing around with the Wool 6,6 fabric we thought of this silhouette immediately. Originally built around a then revolutionary nylon/cotton blend, what better form to test a revolutionary wool/nylon instead? And damn is this nice fabric. It's got the natural performance of merino wool, but chopped up with a substantive amount (35%) of Cordura nylon 6,6 with a small amount of Modal and elastane mixed in for comfort and stretch. The result is a tough yet comfortable wool that can go the distance while looking good and wearing hard.
A tough take on wool. Wool performance chopped up with a Cordura nylon 6,6 for rugged durability plus a touch of Modal to soften the hand and elastane for stretch. If pure merino wool is the good shit, this is the freebase. 53% 18.9 micron merino for a healthy dose of nature's finest performance fiber. 35% Cordora nylon 6,6 for it's notorious durability. 9% Modal to soften up a rugged hand. 3% Elastane for a gentle movement. Woven in up in a yarn dyed oxford weave and weighing in at a balanced 250gsm.
- Wool 6,6 Paratroopers
- Made with Wool 6,6
- 53% 18.9 micron Merino Wool, 35% Cordura Nylon 6,6, 9% Modal, 3% Elastane
- Gusseted cargo pockets with zero snap closure
- Hidden waistband pocket
- Adjustable waist tabs
- Drawstring cinched leg opening
- Custom Italian Mombasa poly slot button
- Fits true to size
- Loose cut
- Machine wash warm
- Do not bleach
- Hang dry or tumble dry low. Iron low.
- Made in the USA with Taiwanese fabrics
- Wool 6,6 Paratroopers
Fits true to size. Loose cut.
Please refer to the table below for exact garment measurements.
Garment measurements in inches, measured flat
Size 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 Top Opening 15 15.5 16 16.5 17 17.5 18 18.5 19 Front Rise 12.63 12.88 13.13 13.38 13.63 14 14.38 14.75 15.13 Thigh 1'' below crotch 13.88 14 14.13 14.25 14.38 14.75 15.13 15.5 15.88 Inseam 29.25 29.25 29.25 29.25 29.25 29.25 29.25 29.25 29.25 Leg Opening 8.25 8.38 8.5 8.63 8.75 8.88 9 9.13 9.25Body measurements in inches Size 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 Natural waist at narrowest point 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36