- A perfect merino short has been one of those elusive design goals for us. As much as we love natures finest performance fabric, it faces a tough challenge when it comes to making shorts with it. Wool is actually quite a strong fiber, it's used for carpets and train seats after all, but the strongest wools are also the roughest and warmest of the bunch. The soft and cool superfine wools we love to use on the other hand are just not quite durable enough for the sort of wear and tear a short gets put through when worn outside.
With the Wool 6,6 we think we've found the answer, an intimate blend of fine merino wool fibers with the legendary Cordura brand of tough air texturized nylon 6,6 fibers. The magic of merino mixed with the rugged durability of Cordura. To test this stuff out we started with some military inspiration, the Wool 6,6 Paratroopers came first, but as the weather warmed up we knew we wanted to test them as shorts first. At 250 gsm it's on the heavier side of shorts fabric but still super wearable, comfortable and ready to journey around the world. (With lots of pockets to carry things along the way).
A tough take on wool. Wool performance chopped up with a Cordura nylon 6,6 for rugged durability plus a touch of Modal to soften the hand and elastane for stretch. If pure merino wool is the good shit, this is the freebase. 53% 18.9 micron Merino Wool for a healthy dose of nature's finest performance fiber. 35% Cordura Nylon 6,6 for it's notorious durability. 9% Modal to soften up a rugged hand. 3% Elastane for a gentle movement. Woven in up in a yarn dyed oxford weave and weighing in at a balanced 250gsm.
- Wool 6,6 Cargos
- Made with Wool 6,6
- 53% 18.9 micron Merino Wool, 35% Cordura Nylon 6,6, 9% Modal, 3% Elastane
- Gusseted cargo pockets with snap closure
- Hidden waistband pocket
- Adjustable waist tabs
- Custom Italian Mombasa poly slot button
- Fits true to size
- Loose cut
- Machine wash warm
- Do not bleach
- Hang dry or tumble dry low. Iron low.
- Made in the USA with Taiwanese fabrics
- Wool 6,6 Cargos
Fits true to size. Loose cut.
Please refer to the table below for exact garment measurements.
Garment measurements in inches, measured flat
Size 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 Top Opening 15 15.5 16 16.5 17 17.5 18 18.5 19 Front Rise 12.63 12.88 13.13 13.38 13.63 14 14.38 14.75 15.13 Inseam 9.5 9.5 9.5 9.5 9.5 9.5 9.5 9.5 9.5 Leg Opening 10.5 10.75 11 11.25 11.5 11.88 12.25 12.63 13Body measurements in inches Size 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 Natural waist at narrowest point 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36