- A 21st century take on jeans, made from the most ruggedly comfortable tech fabric around. There’s no denim in here. No cotton to suck up sweat and rain and clam up your life. No cotton to stay cold for hours as it barely dries. No cotton to blowout after a month or two of cycling. The original jeans were a technical pant made for miners. To make a truly 21st century jean we needed to avoid the world of denim fetishists and find the best possible material to take the five pocket pant back to its performance roots.
With our Workcloth we found the perfect cloth to make a true five pocket pant for casual work and wear; what used to be called a dungaree. One single pant we could wear everyday, all day. A pant that stays dry in light rain, yet drys fast if it does get wet. A pant that shrugs off coffee and beer. A pant that looks and smells good even if you never wash them, but can easily be washed without compromising their core style. Pants we can travel the world in, through mud, dust and grime, and still walk into a restaurant looking sharp. The Outlier Slim Dungarees.
When first tried on they should be just a touch too snug. Over the first few hours or day they’ll loosen up, and when you put them on for day two they should fit perfect. A gusseted crotch, curved waistband and reverse back yoke ensure you can move freely through any situation.
Part of our Core Pack.
Tough and beautiful, there are quite literally two sides to our Workcloth Doubleweave Canvas. The outer face is canvas weave comprised of a healthy percentage of Cordura grade nylon, making it our strongest and most durable fabric. The inner face is completely different, a loosely woven nylon-poly blend that has been made to a subtle softness. The result is incredible: a rugged, ready-for-anything fabric that stays both comfortable and breathable.
The Workcloth Doubleweave Canvas weighs in at 275 gsm (10 oz), slightly more than our OG Cloth. It has a slight two-way stretch and great drape. The "self-cleaning" NanoSphere® treatment emulates the surface of a lotus leaf, giving it nice resistance to water, coffee, wine and dirt. When it does get wet, it dries much faster than conventional fabric, keeping you in comfort no matter the weather.
Bluesign certified for a cleaner planet. Machine wash warm (do not use fabric softener). Hang dry or tumble dry on low for 5-10 minutes maximum. (It dries fast). Ironing or a quick tumble dry will restore the NanoSphere® treatment.
- Slim Dungarees
- Made with Workcloth Doubleweave Canvas
- 82% Nylon, 16% Polyester, 2% Elastane
- Doubleweave construction, Cordura grade nylon canvas weave on the outside, soft nylon-poly weave on the inside.
- Reversed yoke to avoid uncomfortable stress points
- Gusseted crotch
- High breathability
- NanoSphere® treated to emulate the self-cleaning capabilities of a lotus leaf
- Water resistance
- Dirt and grime resistance
- Coffee, beer and wine resistance
- Slight two-way stretch
- Brushed stainless steel rivets and shank
- Case study on creating the Slim Dungarees
- Bluesign® Certified Fabric
- Fits true to size, cut to be broken in after a few hours of wear. Slim cut but not skin tight. Tapers to narrow leg.
- Machine wash warm and lay flat to dry (do not use fabric softener). Tumble dry medium or low iron to restore water resistance.
- Made in New York City with Swiss fabric
- Slim Dungarees
Fits true to size when broken in. When first tried on they should feel just a touch too snug. Over the first few hours or day they’ll loosen up, and when you put them on for day two they should fit perfect.
The cut is lean but not skin tight. Relatively straight hipped with a slight taper below the knee. A gusseted crotch, reverse back yoke and two-way stretch fabric ensure freedom of movement.
Please refer to the table below for exact garment measurements.
Garment measurements in inches, measured flat
Size 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 38 40 Top Opening 14.5 15 15.5 16 16.5 17 17.5 18 18.5 19.5 20.5 Upper Thigh 10.5 10.75 11 11.25 11.5 11.875 12.25 12.625 13 13.75 14 Inseam (standard) 32.5 32.5 32.5 32.5 32.5 32.5 32.5 32.5 32.5 32.5 32.5 Inseam (long sizes only) 36 36 36 36 36 36 36 36 36 36 36 Leg Opening 6.5 6.63 6.75 6.87 7 7.13 7.25 7.37 7.5 7.75 8Body measurements in inches Size 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 38 40 Natural waist at narrowest point 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 38 40