- Last winter we had a revelation about the M-Back, our four-way stretch doubleweave fabric with merino facing the skin. It's a fabric we'd used for a few years but never quite found its voice, until we started using it for running in the winter and realized it was ideal for high exertion in cooler weather. Four-way stretch for motion, a nylon face for durability and light weather protection, and a brushed merino interior for a dry, breathable warmth that doesn't overheat as you push your body to sweat.
We sewed it up into a track pant optimized for winter performance. Two x two-way calf zips for venting and an integrated drawcord elastic waistband allow for fine tuned cold weather calibration. Two zipped front pockets hold all your essentials.
M-Back Doubleweave turns duality into versatility. Mating a light, flexible and strong nylon/elastane outer face to a soft, lofty brushed 19 micron merino inner face, it’s calibrated for comfort during cool weather athletic activity and all day indoor lounging alike.
We’ve long said that merino is nature’s finest performance fabric, possessing remarkable natural temperature and moisture management abilities. These properties allow merino to retain body heat and stay warm when it’s cold out and draw excess heat and moisture away from your skin when things get too warm, creating comfort in a wide range of temperatures and activity levels. Of course, it’s also beautifully soft on the skin, making it a joy to wear.
The outer face is a densely woven light but strong nylon/elastane weave. Already possessing some inherent wind and weather resistance, this face is topped off with a NanoSphere® treatment to give it extra resilience against water, dirt and grime. Four-way stretch means it moves any way it’s supposed to, allowing for a natural, comfortable freedom of movement. This face brings the overall weight of the M-Back Doubleweave down to 200gsm, keeping the fabric as a whole light, strong and comfortable enough to wear all day indoors or out.
- M-Back Track Pants
- M-Back Doubleweave fabric
- Woven in Switzerland by Schoeller
- 76% nylon, 19% merino wool, 5% Elastane
- Integrated drawcord elastic waistband
- Two x two-way calf zips for venting
- Two front zip pockets
- Machine wash cold, do not bleach, lay flat to dry.
- Iron low to restore water resistance.
- Made in New York City with Swiss fabrics.
- M-Back Track Pants
Fits true to size. Aggressively tapered silhouette that loosens up in the calves after first wear.
Please refer to the table below for exact garment measurements.
Garment measurements in inches, measured flat
Size XS S M L XL Top Opening 14.5 15.5 16.5 17.5 18.5 Front Rise 10.25 10.63 11 11.38 11.75 Inseam 29.5 29.5 29.5 29.5 29.5 Leg Opening 4.25 4.88 5.5 6.13 6.75Body measurements in inches Size XS S M L XL Natural waist at narrowest point 28 30 32 34 36