- Our 60/30 Cloth sewn up into a trouser pattern for a dressed up version of the 60/30 Chino. Simple, incredibly comfortable and well suited for the grit and motion of real life. Pants you'll want to pull out of your closet and wear everyday. Breathable and gifted with a true freedom of movement. It's the sort of pant you have to wear to truly understand. If history is any guide, there is no turning back once you do.
We started with the goal of creating a superior cotton twill trouser. We started with our 60/30 Cloth, a carefully considered blend of cotton (64%), micro-denier nylon (29%) and elastane (7%). You get all the comfort and good looks of a classic cotton khaki twill, but with the durability of a hiking parka and the four-way stretch freedom of a bike short. The result is an amazingly comfortable trouser that moves better, stays clean longer and is more durable than any cotton pant we've seen on the market.
Please note that the jet-dyed fabric ages and fades beautifully, but might not be to everyone's taste. If you are looking for a pant that looks brand new for a long time we'd recommend one of our other pants.
We call this fabric 60/30 Cloth in homage to the fabric that Sierra Design named their killer 60/40 Parkas after. Back in 1968, George Marks and Bob Swanson honed in on a 58% cotton, 42% nylon blend fabric as the ideal balance of handfeel, durability, water resistance and breathability. They rounded the numbers to 60/40 for marketing purposes and went on to make the iconic jacket of 1970's era hiking and camping.
We wanted to find something that could offer not only the handfeel of a classic cotton twill and durability of a hiking parka, but also a four-way stretch for true freedom of movement - something that’s simple yet suited for the grit and motion of real life. The result is our best demonstration of invisible technology in action. Our combination of 64% cotton, 29% micro-denier nylon and 7% elastane keeps the familiar look and feel of cotton while boasting the strength of nylon and the stretch of elastane. A "self-cleaning" NanoSphere® treatment tops it off to give the fabric extra water and dirt resistance as well as quick drying properties.
Then we rounded the numbers off like Marks and Swanson and the Outlier 60/30 Cloth was born. It’s a durable, breathable material you’ll want to wear every day.
- 60/30 Classic Trouser
- Made with Outlier 60/30 Cloth
- Woven by Schoeller in Switzerland
- 64% Cotton, 29% Nylon, 7% Elastane
- Four-way stretch twill weave
- NanoSphere "self-cleaning" treatment
- Custom horn buttons made in Italy
- Tabbed front
- Fits true to size
- We recommend dry cleaning for optimal color fidelity.
- Can be machine washed warm. Excessive machine washing may accelerate fading.
- Do not bleach
- Do not use fabric softener
- To restore Nanosphere tumble dry low for 5-10 minutes or iron on low.
- Made in New York City using Swiss fabric.
- 60/30 Classic Trouser
Fits true to size.
Please refer to the table below for exact garment measurements.
Garment measurements in inches, measured flat
Size 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 38 Top Opening 14.5 15 15.5 16 16.5 17 17.5 18 18.5 19.5 Front Rise 10.25 10.5 10.75 11 11.25 11.63 12 12.38 12.75 13.5 Thigh 1'' below crotch 11.88 12.18 12.38 12.63 12.88 13.25 13.63 14 14.38 15.5 Inseam 32.5 32.5 32.5 32.5 32.5 32.5 32.5 32.5 32.5 32.5 Leg Opening 7.13 7.25 7.38 7.5 7.63 7.75 7.88 8 8.13 8.38Body measurements in inches Size 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 38 Natural waist at narrowest point 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 38