- This years Freeshell has taken a heavyweight turn. Truth is it's really a midweight jacket as it's unlined and uninsulated, but the Heavyweight Doubleweave is one serious cloth. Like it's lighter weight cousins this fabric is woven for us by Schoeller Textil in Switzerland and features both a substantive four-way stretch for full freedom of movement and a double woven interior for breathable, air-permeable comfort. The nanosphere treatment adds a light "self-cleaning" water resistance to keep things sharp.
As is often the case we've used this form to experiment with some details. Perhaps most prominently the new Ratchet Cuffs, a simple and smooth one hand cuff adjustment that may well be the quickest in the world.
We've redone the back pocket completely, moving from an internal "megastash" set up to an external two-way zippered pocket. The same water resistant YKK Uretek zipper also found it's way into the two external front pockets, an extremely rare occurrence in an Outlier jacket, and one we don't expect to happen much in the future.
Finally of course some of our favorite Freeshell features have continued on unchanged. The hood remains cut for high visibility with a quick sliding ladder lock adjustment system. The two way zipper with Ultrasuede pull zips up into a high collar to protect the neck and allow subtle fit and temperature adjustments. The two internal front pockets remain large and easy to access, one open topped, the other with a flap to create cognitive distinction between the two, making it easier to remember where you put things.
A swole up, 400gsm, heavyweight version of our original OG Cloth fabric. A four way stretch fabric for serious freedom of movement. A doubleweave construction with a tough and tightly woven nylon exterior and a softer three dimensional inner weave for comfort and air permeable breathability. A nanosphere treatment adds a light "self-cleaning" water resistance to keep things sharp.
- Heavyweight Freeshell
- Heavyweight Doubleweave
- 68% Nylon, 27% Nylon (micro), 5% Elastane
- Four-way stretch
- Three piece hood
- Back neck hang loop
- Ladder lock hood adjustment system
- Articulated two piece raglan sleeve
- Ratchet cuff adjustment system
- High neck zip for coverage
- Two-way front zipper
- Ultrasuede pull tab on zip
- Two front zipped pockets
- External back zipped pocket
- Two large internal front pockets
- Japanese Block Tapey waist adjusts
- Machine wash cold, dry flat.
- Do not bleach
- Made in New York City with Swiss fabric
- Heavyweight Freeshell
Fits true to size.
Please refer to the table below for garment's exact measurements.
Garment measurements in inches, measured flat
Size XS S M L XL Length high shoulder to bottom 27.5 28 28.5 29 29.5 Chest 1" below armhole 20.5 21.5 22.5 23.5 24.5 Sleeve length center back to cuff 35.13 35.63 36.13 36.63 37.13Body measurements in inches Size XS S M L XL Chest 34 36 38 40 42